When a blogger receives an award it is always a matter of pride. It means your writing is read and recognised by someone who considers you to be a good writer.
Delight and happy smiles take over. Your whole being is bathed in an aura of gratitude, humility, and an enormous amount of (much needed) encouragement.
This is exactly what happened to me when I was presented with the One Lovely Blog Award by fellow blogger The Duck of Indeed. Thank you so much, Duck, I’m chuffed beyond words! I’m honoured and thrilled, this is a precious award.
Now with the emotions and drama behind us (albeit, the histrionics a tad bit short of an Oscar acceptance speech), let me tell you something about The Duck.
Duck’s writing is awesome. I consider this blog to be ‘E Double I’ — Entertaining, Interesting, and Informative. In Duck’s own words: “I am just an ordinary sentient duck that has a bunch of hobbies and little projects. I love video games, and I love drawing. I also like to write. To combine the drawing and the writing, I have decided to make comics.” You really must visit The Duck of Indeed.
As a recipient of this award I need to fulfil certain obligations. They are:
- Thank the person who nominated me and link back to them in my post.
- Share 7 things about me.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers. But I shall name 11.
- Leave a comment on their blogs letting them know that they have been nominated.
Okay, now let me tell you some
confidential, important, top secret, good stuff about little me!
- I don’t work. I’m Daddy’s princess.
- My blood group is Be Positive.
- I strongly believe that Beauty is not about having the fairest skin or prettiest face. It’s about having the purest Heart.
- I am of the view that there are people so poor, that the only thing they have is money.
- Experience has shown me that sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you will discover that He is the rock at the bottom.
- I realise that every second is a chance to turn my life around. I choose to make the rest of my life, the BEST of my life!
- My children—my heart and soul—know me in a way no one ever has. They open me to things I never knew existed. They drive me to insanity and push me to my depths. They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul. They are my kids and I love them to bits!
Finally, the moment you all have been waiting for… I announce the lucky (need I say talented?) bloggers for the One Lovely Blog Award, et voila…
Congratulations! I wish each of you “Happy Blogging” and much Happy Reading to everyone!
Maloquacious © 2012